Unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, global health nonprofit that is transforming healthcare in developing countries. Expand your knowledge of global health and issues for emerging markets and developing countries, connect with leading experts in the field, and acquire skills in research, analysis, and project management. This is an exciting opportunity with an organization seeking to change the global health sector.
Aceso Global (www.acesoglobal.org) is a Washington, D.C. nonprofit that provides strategic healthcare advisory services to strengthen health systems and achieve affordable, high quality healthcare in emerging markets and developing countries. We advise governments, insurers, private equity firms, foundations and nonprofits in diagnosing problems, devising solutions, and creating value in hospital and healthcare. Aceso Global undertakes research, analysis, and data collection to drive learning and collaboration across the global health community. Our work informs policymaking, healthcare investments, hospital management and financing, and front-line integrated care improvements.
We are looking for an Analyst to join us to assist with Aceso Global’s project management research projects and communications. This is an excellent opportunity with a nimble and dynamic organization that has high-profile international clients and conducts substantive, impactful health sector work. The Analyst will work directly with, and learn from, leaders in global health; the Analyst will also have the unique opportunity to take on a variety of meaningful responsibilities, and to travel (when pandemic restrictions lift). Aceso Global seeks graduates who want to be international health problem solvers and are eager to work in an innovative environment with significant social impact.
The Analyst should expect to, by the end of his or her term, possess improved research skills, knowledge of unique and exciting new developments in global health, familiarity with technical terms and methodologies used in international health, and experience with contract work with international organizations such as the Inter-American Development Bank, World Bank, Gates Foundation, and The Global Fund, among others, and emerging market governments and private companies.
Responsibilities under this position include, but are not limited to:
- Project management – Assist in development and management of Aceso Global’s field projects
- Knowledge management – Review Aceso Global content and materials, assist in research papers, reports and social media
- Research – Support organizational research needs (funding opportunities, events, partners, etc.) and technical research needs, assist in writing white papers and presentations
- Thought leadership communication – Support in design and preparation of presentations to communicate Aceso Global’s mission to key stakeholders, donors and clients
- Conference support – Support meeting arrangements, travel arrangements, event logistics, project coordination and the like
Aceso Global is seeking early-career candidates with a bachelor’s degree and an interest in international development and global health. Candidates should be able to think on their feet, be intellectually curious, have excellent writing, editing and management skills and be excited about working in a startup environment. Regardless of major, a basic understanding of economics is an advantage as are courses in economics and statistics/econometrics. The candidate should possess:
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; editing experience valued
- Strong research skills; knowledge of STATA preferred
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Poise, confidence, and organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese are highly desirable
- Proficiency in Russian is desirable
- Proficiency in written English usage, grammar, and punctuation
Compensation commensurate with qualification and experience.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C., but we will consider applicants interested in a part-time position.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and a professional writing sample to Scott Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aceso Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalists for the position may be subject to a pre-employment background screening. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com